Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Pinching Pennies

So I know we are all trying to save money so I thought I'd pass on a little website my friend Holly introduced me to. It is called pinchingyourpennies.com and it works in all 50 state. So here is how it works. You get on the free site and register with them. Then you collect the coupons that come in the Sunday paper. The more coupons the more pinching pennies power you have. Each week the pinching penny people post the weeks adds under the forums under screaming deals by state. They analyse the adds and break down which items are on a really good sale and what items to use your coupons on. They give each item a star rating, the more stars the better the deal. They also let you know about screaming deals online and provide codes to get items at a better price online.

My lastest pinching penny success was yesterday. I went to Smiths with coupons in hand and bought 10 boxes of cereal, 6 boxes of fruit snacks, 2 dozen eggs, 1 carton of sour cream, 1 carton of cottage cheese, 1 lb of cheese, 3 bags of sun chips, 2 tin foil pans and 3 lbs of butter all for $30!!

Now it takes a little planning and couponing can be addictive but it is worth it! Check it out!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So I looked at the website and I'm confused. . . I'm not quite sure exactly how it works . . .I'm going to have to call you . . .

Unknown said...

Check out http://www.slickdeals.net/ that is a nice site for getting good deals. Especially look in the forums.