I am taking a few college classes to keep my teaching license current. I have to say it has really helped me use my time wisely and feel like I am using my brain (which has become kinda rusty). I finished my first class History 378 The History of the American Family. It truly validated to me that no influence can be as far reaching as that of a righteous mother. As part of the class I needed to interview someone born before 1935 and write a paper comparing their life to societal trends. I chose to interview Darin's Grandmother. I have always known what a remarkable woman she is but writing this paper gave me new eyes. She has directly influenced three generations and has repeatly defied societal trends destructive to the family.
I find that as a stay at home mom there is a lot of monotony and repeative actions. The toilet doesn't thank you for cleaning it and there are no bonuses for staying up at night with your sick child. This class however made me treasure the celestial moments I find with my children. It made me look for the adventure and realize my children will only be small once. My son will only learn to read once, and my daughter won't always want me to play dolls with her. I also know that not everyone has the "luxury" of staying at home with their children during these unstable economic times. Whatever the situation, we as women should never allow the world to diminish our role or influence as mothers.
More that anything my history class made me want to champion the cause of the family as it is currently defined as a group of people living together instead of a father, mother, and children.
Saturday, March 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
Go Megan! I love seeing motherhood defended . . . I really appreciated your post. Now you need to make a post about what you're learning in nutrition!
It was great seeing you and your beautiful kids the other day. I really enjoyed talk to you:)
(I love K-dawg's new style!!!)
Good for you for taking classes! Your role really is the most important! Where are you taking the classes from?
Megan,
Thanks for sharing. That is so neat. You're amazing taking classes and taking care of the kiddos and everything. Thanks so much for yesterday! It was great!
Post a Comment