

This week Darin and I celebrated our eighth wedding anniversary. I truly married my best friend!
We were assigned to be in the same FHE group at Ricks College. I had called my apartment for some reason and my roommates said that our new FHE brother was there. I came home to meet him and he teased me about making Macaroni and Cheese for dinner. I did better the next week when I fixed him a hamburger.
I loved that when we talked he made me think about things in an eternal nature.
I totally asked him out first. In my defense mom, it was a girls choice dance. What can I say, I know what I want!! He introduced me to his parents that night! We went to Applebees for dinner and then to the dance.
We had fun dating, going on horseback rides, fishing, tieing flies, going fourwheeling. When we first started dating he was in an English class and had to study Shakespeare's Hamlet. I had just finished studying it so we read it together so he could get a good grade. His English teacher was also trying to set him up with another girl.
He kissed me on our second date. For some reason I was at home instead of my apartment. When he dropped me off from roller skating we kissed on my parent's front step. I knew I would never kiss another guy.
He told me he loved me on my 19 th Birthday.
We spent alot of time stalking each other in the library when we were dating. He took me there saying we were going to met his roommate. The roommate never showed and he produced a diamond ring and kinda nervously asked me to marry him. He said I took 10 minutes to answer him. He then gave me a bouquet of beautiful flowers. I am sure there was some kissing involved too.
Our wedding day was perfect. It was a sunny snow covered day. My flowers, the dress and Darin were all perfect!
I've got to say it just keeps getting better and better!




3 comments:
How sweet, I can't believe it has been 8 years already!! Time flies! I remember living through all of those moments with you and watching you two fall in love, oh the good ole days! Congrats on 8 great years!!
I hope my girls get a great happily ever after story like that! Congratulations!
That's awesome. I don't think I have ever heard you guys' story. Congratulations on 8 years! Wow! Love the pics!
Post a Comment